€59,99 VAT Incl.
Age: 8-16. Time for an energy revolution: Harness the Sun! This solar power kit engages young makers, giving them 16 models to build that are powered with solar energy. These models offer an outlet for creativity, teach maker skills and give kids the satisfaction of enjoying their own creations.
In our ever-changing world, renewable energy sources are key to the future of energy. This fun and educational solar powered toy is a wonderful way to introduce your child to the concept of green energy, while building cool models that are powered by the sun.
The set includes a 3V solar panel that powers up an electrical motor, along with instructions for 16 solar powered models, 8 printed while 3D interactive instructions for all models can be accessed through the free KidCAD app or the website. The solar panel module works immediately when exposed to the sun; batteries are not required. Keeping on the batteries to the motor doesn’t affect them since the 3V bypasses this energy (it generates enough electricity to activate very big models)!
Using the 144 sturdy plastic parts included made from ABS and following the instructions, kids can enjoy building challenges of models like a chopper car, a fan, a plane, a robot, a drawbridge, a winch crane and much more!
The booklet provides theory and fascinating facts in a fun way for young scientists to learn about renewable energy and all science about it. Theory of STEM concepts for the top five green energy sources and the technologies used in:
- Solar power, solar cells and solar thermal power stations;
- Wind power and air flow conversion while operating wind turbines;
- Hydroelectric power and interesting types of hydropower production;
- Geothermal power; - 1st and 2nd generation biofuels
How do we achieve energy storage and generation? What are the effects of the green energies? What impacts do various conditions have on the solar panel’s efficiency?
Experimental activities using the models and quizzes entertain your young maker while teaching and creating hands-on learning. Build the functional models and follow the experiment guides to find out science facts, such:
- How do solar panels work?
- How does weight affect speed?
- How does energy change forms?
- Which are the latest technology advancements?
Solar panel is not used to store electricity. It is used only for direct supply to the motor.
- Due to big surface, it is very powerful to motorize big structures.
- It is connected to Engino motor which is compatible to both batteries and solar panel. Even without sun, the models are still functionable using batteries, hence there is no limitation in using the product.
This kit promises to be engaging and educational while setting the pathway towards a fundamental understanding of STEM subjects. As a bonus, this ties in nicely with learning about solar power in school and other classroom activities.
No Shortcuts when it comes to Quality and Safety on our products: We strive to follow the strictest safety and quality standards, ensuring that children will just enjoy their fun pathway to success!